
I am so exc
ited about my new job that I had to blog it. I will be teaching the gymnastics methods class to future P.E. teachers at a local college. I will get to redesign the course myself! This will be amazing experience for me, since I want to teach at a community college in the future (though in a totally different field). You guys who know me, know that I am really passionate about changing some of the ways that gymnastics is taught to make it more accessible to all kinds of kids, not just the wildly talented ones. This is my chance to spread my way of teaching. I am so pumped!
4 comments:
Congratulations! That is great! I love your passion for taking on the mentality of body image in gymnastics.
Hooray! That's pretty awesome!
I was glad to read this post because this view of one's work is all too uncommon.
While re-reading The Snowball, as preparation for one of my next reviews in Objective Standard, I came across a quote that exemplifies the view you state here.
Though I don't have the book with me now, the quote was something very close to, "I can't wait for light to come in the morning so that I can get back to work."
Anyway, glad to see that you're excited--and even happier to know that you see no reason to hide it.
I was close but the direct quote, from Mrs B (of the Nebraska Furniture Mart), is "I can't wait until it gets daylight, so I can get back to the business."
Post a Comment