Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

A big picture of a breast!!


Announcing . . . (drum roll) . . . my breast!!

In honor World Breastfeeding Week, I am starting a new feature on my blog. I'm going to post pictures of breasts (with children on them and without) so that people can see them and get over it. If you would like your breasts (and child, if you want) to be featured here, just send me a picture. No discrete pictures, please. I'm done with breastfeeding discretion. I only want pictures that actually show a good part of your breast. People clearly need to be desensitized to the sight of boobies.

15 comments:

Lynne said...

I'm sorry that it goes against your one requirement, it's discreet, but it may be a worthy entrant to honor World Breastfeeding Week, nonetheless.

Kelly Elmore said...

LB, it is so lovely that I will waive the need for indiscretion! :) Can I post it on my blog?

Lynne said...

Absolutely!

Anonymous said...

how do i send the picture? i don't see an email address for you?

Kelly Elmore said...

My email address is kellyelmore79@gmail.com

I should really put a way to email me on this blog!

Rachel said...

I'm supportive of your campaign to dessensitize people to the sight of lactating breasts, but I'm also mindful of the fact that they are also legitimate sexual object. 

Sex, being as important as it is, should be kept sacred. For the same reason that I do not support indiscriminate use of pornography, I urge caution with respect to breast-sight-desensitization. 

Perhaps it would be better to only desesitize people to the sight of breasts with babies attached. That way, the sight of the naked breast in other contexts can remain special, intriguing, and stimulating (to those who are sexually attracted to breasts). 

What do you think?

P.S. Although I am tempted to participate in your project, I fear mt motives may be more exhibitionist than enobling. I can't have children (so have no baby to attach for a pic), and will probably never have the chance to breastfeed, alas. Still want a pic from this stranger?

P.P.S. Just started reading your blog. Loving it so far!

Kelly Elmore said...

I'd love a picture, Rachel! My goal is not to get people to stop looking at breasts and being excited or think they are hot. I like breasts as much as the next bi-sexual woman who is a lactivist (that's a lot by the way!). I just want people not to see one and say, "Oh, the horror! A breast! We are all going to be scarred forever! Cover the children's eyes! Let's have a warning label!" I love men's chests, and the fact that I have seen quite a few (in public, even!) doesn't keep me from being turned on when I see a hot guy with his shirt off. But I can respect that pecs also do hard work in the hot sun. Guys might be more comfy and happy with their shirts off sometimes. That's the only consideration I want for breasts. When babies and moms are happier nursing in public (instead of in cars or bathrooms or just bottlefeeding to avoid embarrassment), they should be able to without worrying everyone is going to have a cow!

How's that for a speech? :) So bring on that picture!

Rachel said...

Excellent argument! Very well then; exhibitionism it is!

Only... I can't manage to capture anything usable with my iPhone. Grrr!

I'm going to have apply some brain power to the technical aspect of this challenge. Stand by...

Kelly Elmore said...

Yay! I look forward to it. By the way, I've seen your blog a time or two as well, and really enjoyed it. I admire you very much for sticking with your first-handed info about who you are and not bending to the second-handed pressure to be who everyone thinks you should be. Bravo!

Rachel said...

Wow! Thank you for the compliment! Would you believe: It's easier being first-handed this way than it was being second-handed the other way. :)

Look for my pic in your email. :o)

Kelly Elmore said...

You know, Rachel, I would believe it. No matter how hard it is to get started, I always find that it is easier in the long run when I do the virtuous thing. Looking forward to the pictures. :)

Possum said...

May I submit one for next year?
Melinda

Kelly Elmore said...

Oh yes, please do. We love breasts over here at Reepicheep's Coracle! The more the better!

Francis Luong (Franco) said...

I would like to echo Raemeg. I cherish boobies and would not like them desensitized as sexual objects. My life would be so much poorer for it.

Kelly Elmore said...

If seeing a baby nursing makes you stop wanting to touch boobies sexually, I think that's a little weird.