Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Free Range Parenting Blog Post

I loved this blog post. I wish the writer of it was my neighbor. She has it totally right about our culture of fear and how we should be living instead. If Livy isn't one day able to walk home from less than 2 miles away, I may have to sell her to the gypsies and get a cat. They can always get home, right?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

But how can you be certain the gypsies will make the best offer?

Kelly Elmore said...

It's more about the satisfaction of having sold her to gypsies than about the actual price. Plus, I actually think she would enjoy the gypsy life. Travel, colorful clothing, learning to be a tiny pickpocket, having a monkey.

Rachel said...

That makes sense. Just make sure you sell her to the highest bidding gypsy troupe. One must keep one's future security in mind, after all.

Also, you might consider circuses and rock bands. I understand they live colorful lives, too.

Kelly Elmore said...

Ooh, I could sell her as a drummer to a rock band! Why didn't I think of that? She loves to play drums on Beatles Rock Band. She'd probably rather do that than continue to live here with me. I'll have to look into getting her a tattoo.

Rachel said...

Now that's using the ol' noggin!